Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bears, Bears, Bears

I decided to type up my thoughts on the state of the bears, so I figured I may as well post it here.

I've been telling the few bear fans around here for awhile Lovie is part of the problems. How many guys have you seen Lovie favor while he has someone better on the bench.

Both Orton and Greise weren't good enough for Lovie. I mean, Grossman was better than either one? I think not. I bet they weren't on his good side, and he mostly gave Orton a chance finally. Don't get me wrong, neither one was a Breese, Manning, Brady, or Warner, but they were far from bottom of the pack. Getting Cutler wasn't too bad, it was his choice of having Turner coach him last year that drove me nuts. When they work Devin with a trick play, somehow the timing feels better, like they caught the D off guard, instead of pulling something out to get things going. It'll come, but because of Martz, I'm driving up to Cleveland mainly because of how excited him being signed got me.

And Babich, another Lovie favorite who's still "coaching" the line backers. I don't know if it's the scheme, but I know the execution is not there.
Oh yeah, that Rivera guy who had the best defense in the NFL for a year and hovering around there for a few, he wasn't good enough for Lovie either. I keep watching San Diego's D, it's not stellar but I bet it'll be better than Chicago as long as Lovie thinks he's got the magic. And I have total faith Lovie will screw it up if they do find someone to run and get the Defense working.

For safety, Major may end up being good, but Steltz should be out there, I see other guys screw up much more than him, and notice him making plays when he's out there.

The only good thing I've seen the Angelo / Lovie duo do is get Martz and Tice in. I really wonder if Tice told them they needed better players on the line to get the job done and he was laughed at or what. I just hope they fix the three ding-a-lings at the top (Phillips, Angelo and Lovie), that Martz and Tice are kept. I think between the backs, receivers, and Cutler they'll have something. I really don't think Cutler is dumb enough to give Martz lip, or that Martz will take it, the guy did have one of the most explosive offensives in League history, even if he does have some pass happy flaws.

A true number one receiver wouldn't hurt, but it's not a must with the other 7 guys they have around them. So they need someone who can get 3 of what they need instead of spending the farm on another magic bean seed toy guy who fails to be the next Fitzgerald. D.A., Knox, and Hester can make catches when they need to. The ball that was 2 inches to far from Hester will come, and was a lot better than the dying quails in between 3 safeties they let Grossman toss out there. The blown routes and such will smooth out towards the end of the season, which I hope won't be too late to catch the playoffs. And a few of the passes just needed some better timing, like the ball low and behind that Knox missed, they'll come, and again I have faith Martz will bust them to be in the right spot, and Cutler for where he throws the ball more than anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home